Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Story

This is my story. It is not extra ordinary. I am a normal person out there looking for the same things everyone is looking for. I’m 34 years old (gay) formerly of Sydney, Australia. Over the last year and a half I felt as though I was not living life. I was going through the motions. I was getting up, going to work, coming home, watching TV and repeating it 365 times per year.

I was lacking in passion...and in love. I had a terrible break up. The love of my life dumped me for another guy and left my heart shattered. I was on emotional life support.

I decided to radically change my life. I quit my government job (secure and well paying); put all my earthly possessions into storage and purchased a round the world ticket. I decided to live in the most passionate place on earth: Rome, Italy.

I do not know where my adventure will take me..or where I will end up. But this is my story.

I feel empowered, hopeful, positive about the future. Life after all is not a dress rehearsal. There is no rewinding back to do it all over again. Life is like a big countdown.

I had wanted to do this for a long time, but a secure job, mortgage, friends, relationships always held me back.

I am scared but excited. I am free - just me and my suitcase and months ahead of travel and learning.

I will be studying along the way, catching up with old friends and making new ones. I am a blogger and this is my online diary - unedited and raw...emotional and mundane at times. It is really for me - but you are welcome to tag along.

It is my own version of Eat, Pray, Love - more focused on travel, pashing and loving. I have to look after my figure - less carbs and more running around. It is my own amazing race.

When I look back on life, I know this experience will stand out. Time is such a luxury and I am lucky to be able to afford time..time for me. Time to learn and to think..time to love and to pash! We are always learning...changing..at least I hope so.

I’m not a wise person...but I do feel alive. We all have our ways to cope with the ups and downs. For the woman sitting on the seat next to me, it is by downing whiskey (she’s luckily passed out so I do not have to deal with her for the 9 hour flight).

My route - somewhat planned and somewhat up in the air - a bit like my life. I have a rough outline of where I want to get to..just no clue how to get there....Sydney - Bangkok - London - Istanbul - Rome. 6 months, 6 continents, 6 degrees of separation

2 comments:

  1. I just added TravelPashLove to my blog. I hope it brings you more followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I wish I had as much courage you.

    I look forward to reading of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete